U218 Singles Deluxe (20 Nov, 2006)
- Beautiful Day Lyrics
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For Lyrics
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) Lyrics
- With Or Without You Lyrics
- Vertigo Lyrics
- New Year's Day Lyrics
- Mysterious Ways Lyrics
- Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of Lyrics
- Where The Streets Have No Name Lyrics
- Sweetest Thing Lyrics
- Sunday Bloody Sunday Lyrics
- One Lyrics
- Desire Lyrics
- Walk On Lyrics
- Elevation Lyrics
- Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own Lyrics
- The Saints Are Coming Lyrics
- Window In The Skies Lyrics
- Vertigo (Live) Lyrics
- I Will Follow (Live) Lyrics
- Elevation (Live) Lyrics
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Live) Lyrics
- All I Want Is You (Live) Lyrics
- City Of Blinding Lights (Live) Lyrics
- Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own (Live) Lyrics
- Miss Sarajevo (Live) Lyrics
- With Or Without You Lyrics
Produced By: Various
U218 Singles' released in 2006, was the 'definitive best of', the first single disc collection to span the band's career from Boy (1980) to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2004). At the same time, U218 Videos was released, a DVD featuring music videos from throughout U2's career. Featuring sixteen singles from the more than forty then released by the band, the album also included two new songs both recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London in September 2006 and produced by Rick Rubin.
'The Saints Are Coming', a cover of the 1978 Skids track, was recorded with Green Day, debuted live a few days later at the reopening of the New Orleans Dome and proceeds from worldwide sales went to Music Rising, a charity set up by Edge to 'help bring the music back to New Orleans' . Released as a 2 track CD, maxi CD, and DVD single, the b-side was a performance of Tower of Song, recorded with Leonard Cohen, for the movie 'Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man'.
'Window In the Skies' was a brand new U2 song, written and recorded at Abbey Road and released as a single in early 2007. It was described by Bono as 'a psychedelic pop song with 6/8 timing, you never hear that. It's very, very rare.' Nominated in the 'Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals' category at the 2007 Grammy Awards, the band performed 'Window' live for the first time in Japan on the Vertigo 06 Tour.
'I think we make better music and have better ideas now. No Greatest Hits tour just yet.'
Larry (U2 by U2)
'We're getting closer to the song that we hear in our heads, but it's still not there yet. We've got to take it to the next level.'
Bono (U2 by U2)
'I'm better than I was by a long way, I am smarter and I know what works. Larry's a better drummer. Adam is a better bass player and Bono is a better lyric writer and singer. It just takes us a little longer these days, because we have to spend the time to get to where we want to go. There are more false starts, I suppose.'
Edge (U2 by U2)