share
The long-awaited second U2 date at Slane Castle went on sale yesterday - and all 80,000 were sold in 94 minutes.

Across Ireland fans snapped up tickets in 65 stores, with nearly 60% of tickets purchased sold in person over the counter. The other 40% were split between telephone and online sales.

'We took off in Copenhagen at 1pm just as the tickets went on sale for Slane,' said Paul McGuinness, the bands manager. 'By the time we got to Stockholm at 2.30pm, it was sold out. We're thrilled.'


U2 and promoters SFX and MCD wish to thank all of the fans throughout Ireland who purchased tickets... and point out that they are really all gone now.

The 'on-sale immediately' system was implemented following advanced-detailed consultation with the Gardai Authorities and Ticketmaster in the interests of public safety for the unprecedented second Slane show which will take place on September 1st.

U2 will be supported by Moby, Foo Fighters, Nelly Furtado and Dara.

Recent News all news

26 Sep, 2016

Cathleen Falsani was in Las Vegas to see the band playing live in a year of election.

4
23 Sep, 2016

In the US? Tune in to the band’s Friday night set at the iHeart Radio Music Festival. Details here.

22 Sep, 2016

It was 40 years ago that Larry pinned up that notice in school but they weren’t always U2. 

9
06 Sep, 2016

1976-2016. Lots of fans are having a party and Harry Kantas was at one of the first - in Spain.

3

Related Topics