October on limited edition cream vinyl and Pop on limited edition orange double vinyl.
Island Records and UMC have announced the latest in a series of limited edition vinyl releases from the band’s back catalogue.
Pressed on 180gsm LP coloured vinyl, October (1981) and Pop (1997) will be released on 11 October 2019.
For one week only from today, in advance of other retailers, you can pre-order these special releases of October and Pop exclusively from U2.com.
OCTOBER - LIMITED EDITION CREAM VINYL
October, the second studio album from U2 was released on 12 October 1981 on Island Records. Produced by Steve Lillywhite, the album featured two singles ‘Gloria’ and ‘Fire’. The video for ‘Gloria’ – the first of the band’s videos to receive heavy rotation on MTV – was filmed in October 1981 on a barge in Grand Canal Basin in Dublin near Windmill Lane.
- Pressed on 180gsm coloured vinyl
- Includes the singles ‘Gloria’ and ‘Fire’
- Vinyl reissue includes a 16 page booklet with lyrics.
- I Fall Down
- I Threw A Brick Through A Window
- With A Shout
- Stranger In A Strange Land
- Is That All?
POP - LIMITED EDITION ORANGE DOUBLE VINYL
The ninth studio album from U2, Pop was released on 3 March 1997 on Island Records with lead single ‘Discothèque’ reaching #1 in the UK, Ireland and the US to name a few.
Produced by Nellee Hooper, Flood, Howie B and Steve Osborne, Pop topped the album charts in 27 countries around the world, including the UK and US Billboard Top 200.
- Pressed on 180gsm coloured vinyl.
- Includes the singles ‘Discothèque’, ‘Staring At The Sun’, ‘Last Night On Earth’, ‘Please’, ‘If God Will Send His Angels’ & ‘Mofo’
- Vinyl reissue includes a lyric sheet.
- Do You Feel Loved
- If God Will Send His Angels
- Staring At The Sun
- Last Night On Earth
- The Playboy Mansion
- If You Wear That Velvet Dress
- Wake Up Dead Man