This weekend sees the opening of 'In The Name of Love: Two Decades of U2', a
unique retro at Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
The exhibit will features a host of intriguing artifacts for fans - but you
need to be in Cleveland, Ohio to catch it. And there's a pre-exhibition fan
get-together being organised if you are in the area - more here www.atU2.com
Among the items featured over three floors will be:
- The leather jacket worn by Bono during the Super Bowl XXXVI half-time
performance in 2001.
- Studded jeans and #7 shirt that The Edge wore during the Elevation Tour
- The first U2 shirt, made by drummer Larry Mullen, Jr.
- The Irish Falcon Gretsch guitar Bono used during much of the Elevation
- First place trophy for a battle of the bands U2 won in 1978
- Stetson Bono wore during the Joshua Tree tour and featured on the cover of
Rattle & Hum.
- Original lyric manuscripts including 'The Ocean', 'Bad', 'Indian Summer
Sky', 'When Love Comes to Town', 'Stay (Faraway, So Close!)' and the revised
lyrics to 'New York' following the events of September 11, 2001.
More on the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame here www.rockhall.com
And more useful information for U2 fans planning to make a visit here www.atU2.com