'11 O'CLOCK TICK TOCK' at 40.
Marking the 40th anniversary of it's original release, '11 O'Clock Tick Tock' will be released on 12" transparent blue vinyl to celebrate Record Store Day on Saturday 20th June (updated RSD date).
The limited edition release includes the full length version of the track, as well as the original 7” B-side 'Touch'; plus two previously unreleased live recordings - 'Touch' and 'Twilight' - from the band's show at London's Marquee club in September 1980.
'11 O'Clock Tick Tock' was produced by Martin Hannett and recorded in the spring of 1980 at Dublin's Windmill Lane Studios. Released in May that year, the song was U2's first single on Island Records.
In a special collaboration with the charity War Child , £1 from every copy sold in the UK will go towards helping to protect, educate and stand up for the rights of children around the world caught in conflict.
The release will only be available from independent record shops on Saturday 20th June on @RSDUK. More information at recordstoreday.co.uk
• 4 track 12” EP, cut at 45 rpm
• Pressed on 180gsm transparent blue vinyl
• Full colour gatefold outer sleeve
• Photo gallery on inner gatefold
1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock – 4:13
2. Touch – 3:26
1. Touch (Live at the Marquee, London, 1980) – 3:26
2. Twilight (Live at the Marquee, London, 1980) – 4:27