Got a clip to upload, capturing the way you've got ready for one of the Barcelona shows? Here's what happens next:
1. Follow this link to our Community section.
(You will need to be logged in with a free or paid account to upload. If you are not registered with us click here
to get your account.)
2. Choose 'Videos' in the left hand navigation.
3. Then select 'ADD A VIDEO' from the upper top right of the page. (You will be taken to the Add Video page.)
4. Video Format - select 'Video Upload'
5. Add Video - Choose the file you want to upload - please note - NO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES IN LENGTH OR 100 MEGS IN FILE SIZE.
(Videos must be in .flv, .wmv, .asf, .avi, .mov, .3gp, .mpg, .mpeg, or .mp4 format, 100 MB limit.)
6. Title - Enter a title for your video.
7. Description - Enter a description for your video.
8. Tags - Type in 'CRAZY' (This is essential if you want your clip to be considered).
All other fields are optional.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED BELOW.AUTHORIZATION AND RELEASE
I acknowledge that you, U2Ltd, will be accepting footage generated or shot by myself for possible inclusion in a music video for the U2 ('Artist') and other uses and exploitation. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge, by uploading and thereby submitting footage to the following site, U2.com, I hereby represent, warrant and agree that by as follows:
1. I have the full right, power and authority to make the promises and grants of rights contained herein.
2. Your use of the results and proceeds of my performing services in the footage taken of me (the 'Footage') and the other rights granted to you herein will not subject you to liability by any person or entity for any reason or on any basis. The Footage will be original and will not infringe the rights of any third party.
3. You have all rights to any footage submitted and/or upload to a pre-designated website and to film, tape, photograph and otherwise record me and my performances/work in the Footage and in connection with events surrounding the Footage. I grant to you and acknowledge that you shall be the sole owner of the Footage and all of the results and proceeds of my performance in the Footage, without limitation, all copyrights and rights under copyright therein, throughout the world and in perpetuity in all media now known or hereafter discovered. Where applicable, the results and proceeds of my services shall be considered a 'work-made-for-hire' with the sole author thereof deemed to be you. Without limitation of the scope or generality of the rights you shall have as a result of such ownership, you shall have the sole and exclusive world-wide and unlimited right to and to authorise others to reproduce, exhibit, broadcast, distribute and otherwise exploit and use all the Footage and such results and proceeds in whole or in part throughout the world, in perpetuity and in all media, whether now known or hereafter coming into existence. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I acknowledge that you may without payment to me exploit the Footage in all media and manner now or hereafter discovered including by way of exhibition in the Tour, in theatres, all forms of television, over the internet, phonorecords, in DVDs and other home video devices and on hand-held devices.
4. You shall have the right to edit, dub and otherwise alter the Footage and to couple and combine same with other material (and including in other productions) for such purposes as you may in your discretion determine. I acknowledge and agree that the rights in and to the Footage granted shall include, without limitation: (a) all copyrights and renewals and extensions thereof; (b) all neighbouring rights; and (c) all rights generally known as 'moral rights' or any similar law, throughout the universe in perpetuity. To the extent that so-called 'moral rights' may not be granted or assigned, then, to the maximum extent possible I hereby waive throughout the universe in perpetuity, all rights under any law relating to 'moral rights'.
5. You shall have the right to use my name, approved likeness, voice, approved biographical materials and the products referred to above for purposes of advertising and trade in connection with the Footage and any use by you of the results and proceeds of my performance hereunder as otherwise permitted hereunder, or you may, at your option, refrain there from.
6. I acknowledge that you are not a signatory to any collective bargaining or other agreement with any union or guild. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any fee paid to me shall be deemed to apply toward any applicable union or guild minimum dues or fees.
7. The agreements and grants set forth herein shall bind and inure to the benefit of your and my respective successors and assigns. Nothing contained in this letter will be construed as requiring you to use the Footage or any of the results and proceeds of any performance of mine for any purpose.
8. In the event of any dispute related to the subject matter hereunder, my sole remedy shall be limited to an action at law for actual monetary damages. In no event shall I be entitled to terminate this authorization and release, rescind the rights granted to you or otherwise exercise any equitable remedies, including, without limitation, I shall not be entitled to seek rescission of this authorization release and/or seek an injunction against the Footage, and/or any derivative work.
9. I have read and understand this agreement prior to signing and I am fully familiar with all terms herein. I declare that I am not under the age of eighteen (18) years.
10. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York applicable to agreements entered into therein.